Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A great blog post about Tim Tebow

I like Tim Tebow as much as anyone else....but really, this article spells out my feelings on the whole situation!

Stephen Altrogge writes:


This past Sunday Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos beat my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers.
And believe it or not, it actually didn’t bother me that much. Of course, I wanted the Steelers to win, and I wanted to see the Steelers defense put Tim Tebow through the mulcher, but it didn’t happen. I’m okay with how things turned out. If it had been Tom Brady and the devil-spawn Patriots, I wouldn’t have been okay with it. But I like Tim Tebow, and I don’t despise the Broncos.
What does bother me is the way that many Christians are getting all weird and freaky about Tim Tebow. For example, on Sunday Tebow threw for 316 yards. Tebow’s favorite scripture verse is John 3:16. The NFL would not let Tebow write “John 3:16″ on his face. Thus, God let Tebow pass for 316 yards as a way of sticking it to the NFL and highlighting John 3:16. Get the message NFL: you can’t shut down God, and you can’t shut down Tim Tebow when God is on his side. Right?

You can finish the article here:
Can we please stop being weird about Tim Tebow?

No comments: