Sunday, May 4, 2008

Unable to go to church...again...a tmi post

Last Sunday morning, brought with it a fever that attacked two of my children. I stayed home with Gideon and Haddon while they napped on and off...and then woke up Monday morning completely 'normal'.

Last night, I was visiting my friend, Melanie, and while I was leaving, she said "See you in the morning, unless one of our kids gets hit with some unknown illness."

It hit at 2:32am.

Gideon was sitting in his bed crying. I went in to see what the problem was. He had thrown up all over himself, his sheets, and his blankets.

Yuck.

I proceeded to carry him to the bathroom, where he continued vomitting into the toilet.

Thankfully, he didn't eat too much for dinner and most of what he was ridding himself of, was clear and fairly odorless.

And what was his reaction after this ordeal, you might ask??

"Mommy, I need to go tell Nolan that I throwed up." The kid has priorities! (I did have him wait until morning)

I got him cleaned up, with new pajamas, and we settled in together on the couch...with a bowl close to his mouth in case he felt the need to purge.

He ended up kicking me off of the big couch...what can I say, the kid can sprawl out...and I didn't want to wake him. I spent the night all crunched up on the loveseat.

The boy is hungry now. He's eaten some toast and juice and seems to be in good spirits.

On the other hand, mommy needs a nap, in a real bed.

1 comment:

Twisted Cinderella said...

aaww poor little guy! too funny that his first priority was to tell Nolan!