Monday, February 16, 2009

A Valentine's Day Recap

My life is anything but dull.

The kids woke up to chocolates that were quickly devoured. There is nothing quite like chocolates before breakfast!

The day was like many others....but with many added hugs and kisses from my boys!

John went out that afternoon to pick up some last minute preparations for the evening, and I played Uno with Nolan, Gideon and Haddon.

I had no idea what John was planning, so I thought nothing of giving the kids quick haircuts at 5pm.

Probably not a good idea considering he was going to make me dinner and needed to start getting that ready.

Thankfully, I cut the kid's hair quickly and gave them dinner and got them all in bed by 6:30pm.

I was banished to the living room and not allowed to look into the kitchen.

I could smell chocolate baking, but other than that...knew nothing.

Now, many of you know that I have been under the weather for the past week and a half. I have had bronchitis and some other -itis, complete with coughing, fever, and a chronic headache that wouldn't subside.

I decided to take some Lortab.

I had taken it that morning with breakfast and it actually took the edge off! I would like to enjoy tonight, so why not take another one?

Public Service Announcement....Never take Lortab on an empty stomach!

I figured I would be eating soon and that I would be okay.


As John lit a candle on the table....and presented me with a caesar salad, grilled steak and shrimp, and a baked potato...he even asked me if I wanted a glass of wine...good thing I declined!

I felt like my head was in a cloud.

I felt sleepy.

I felt out of it.

Then I began to feel nauseaus.

I apologized and told him that I just couldn't eat any more food. He understood. I got up and said that I really didn't feel well....

and proceeded to throw up into the kitchen sink.

If you ever want to make Valentine's night memorable....throw up dinner, I guarantee you you'll never forget it!

Trust me, the food was great, and I was able to reheat it the next day for lunch.

I did have room for dessert too. After an hour, I felt much better...

John had baked homeade brownies, cut up some fresh pineapple, strawberries and apples...and gave me a chocolate melting pot! Yum!

All in all it was a great night...with a few mishaps!

I felt so bad over what had happened....but we laughed through it, and I love him all the more for it!


The Social Frog said...

I do hope you are feeling much better now Shannon :)

megan said...

oh my gosh. this cracked us up. :) Glad you're feeling better! Props to John for the sweet, sweet Valentines day lovin.

johnMark said...

Man, you folks in TN have all the fun! All us poor GA folk did was go out to dinner and watch Fireproof for the first time alone in our room. We left the daughter in her room.