Sunday, November 1, 2009

Please Pray

Over the past few days, I began to notice Gideon was not as mobile as he should be. He was stiff, wobbly, and unsteady. Last night, it was extremely noticeable.

I couldn't just wait until Monday to go to the Doctor's. God just really laid a huge burden on my heart of concern for my boy. John spoke to a friend who said we should get him seen.

After the CAT scan, they found a tumor on his brain.

Within an hour or so, I was riding in an ambulance 2 hours west of Johnson City, to the Children's Hospital in Knoxville.

We await hearing from the Dr, and he will be getting an MRI this morning.

Please pray. Pray that the other children do well without John or I there right now. Pray for the Doctors that are taking care of my Gideon. Pray for healing. Pray for comfort. Pray that God looks great to everyone we are in contact with. Pray for the baby that I carry....though barely 6 weeks along...in this time of emotion and stress. Pray that whatever the outcome is....that God is glorified in this.

It reminds me of a blog I read last year when a family was going through hard times. God is the same. He was the same last week, before we knew anything was wrong. He was the same last night when we brought him to the hospital. And He is the same today.

Great is Thy Faithfulness....

12 comments:

Ryan Boomershine said...

Christie and I are praying for you and your family. God is a strong and present refuge in all sort of trouble.

TryonMom27 said...

I am sitting on bedrest today and will spend time praying for all of you.

angela said...

praying, praying, praying!!!

Stephanie said...

praying for you all, Shannon. Thanks for the update. (and congrats on the new little one...what a blessing!)

Talia said...

congrats on the new blessing! thank you for sharing this news with us so that we can also pray for your health and your baby's health along with gideon's. God will be glorified.

Anonymous said...

praying for you

Unknown said...

Praying praying and praying

Elis said...

May God bless you and your family. I am going to pray right now.

Elis from Brazil!!!

mcullop said...

Praying for you, Gideon, your family, the doctors, everyone you come in contact with. And congrats on your new little one- that makes me smile- you are a wonderful mom!

TheFancyFritter said...

Praying for you & your family Shannon! May the Lord give you tons of comfort & peace during this scary time! P.S. I just realized you were expecting again! Yay! You must be so happy!

megan said...

Shannon-I know you already know that we are absolutely praying our hearts out for sweet Gideon. I also want to say congratulations on this new pregnancy! We'll be lifting all of you up-including this new precious life that beats inside of you! big hug.

Unknown said...

Praying for God's strength and healing in this season of your life. I enjoy reading your updates so much and even though this is a hurting one, you have once again given the Glory to God.
God Bless.