Saturday, November 7, 2009

Welcome back to 5 South, Gideon!

We have graduated from the ICU and have been brought back to our room. Gideon is settled in a nice clean bed and is watching a movie.

I am starting to see small glimpses of my boy...and it's so hard to be patient. My greatest fear has been that I will never get back the same boy that went into surgery. But my fear is short lived as I remember the promises in Scripture...and that my God is fully in control of this situation.

I'm not going to put any expectations on my boy. He will come back to me as he is able. He's been through a tramatic experience and healing won't come overnight.

So I sit next to his bed, holding his hand, singing to him...watching him through tears and prayers.

Oh God from whom all blessings flow,
Praise Him all creatures, here below
Praise Him above the heavenly host
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!

Amen!

1 comment:

Andi Clements said...

My heart hurts with you, but after I've spent time having had to desperately rely on God, I feel so much closer. I pray this for you, too. My master's degree was in Rehabilitation Counseling and it amazes me how little kids brains heal. I'm also praying for a super quick recovery! I love you all.