Friday, September 5, 2008

Paysie's two week update

I headed over to the pediatrician for her two week appointment on Wednesday! She is doing great...which I knew already, of course :)

Here are her current stats:
8 pounds 14 ounces (up from 7 pounds 10 ounces, two weeks earlier)
20-3/4 inches long (up from 20 inches at birth)

By two weeks, the goal is to get back to your birth weight (which was 8lbs3oz), so she is excelling in the weight gain dept :) On the charts, she is in the 50-75% for her weight and 75% for her height.

Our next appointment is at eight weeks, where she'll get her first round of shots :(

Overall, she is fitting right in. It's amazing that she will be only be three weeks old on Monday, yet it feels like she's been here for a lot longer! I really can't imagine my life without her :)

She is sleeping fairly well. She maybe wakes once or twice throughout the night and takes 4-5 hour long stretches. She nurses, then goes right back to sleep.

Things are good here. The boys adore her and it's funny cause I am still getting used to having a girl! I have to keep myself in check, cause I find myself calling her bud or dude, lol.

I thank God every day for my family...I don't think my life could get any sweeter!

1 comment:

Twisted Cinderella said...

Sounds like she is doing so great!! Maggie is in the 78% for height and 28% for weight. LOL Just like her sister, tall and slender. Except her sister was never over 5% for her weight for her first year. LOL