Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Works for me to put on a bracelet one-handed!

For my birthday last year, John got me a beautiful necklace with a matching bracelet. I immediately put on the necklace, but was unable to get the bracelet on one-handed. John's fingers just could not open the tiny, delicate clasp.

So finally, a few months after the fact, I was able to get it on!

Here is what I did:
I took a large piece of clear packing tape and taped down the end of the bracelet to my wrist. I was then able to open the clasp with my left hand and hook it in...without the bracelet moving at all! I was so excited!

For more great tips, head over to Rocks In My Dryer!


Kristin said...

Great tip! Thanks!

Jendeis said...

Wonderful tip! I'll be sure to try that next time. :)

Great photos said...

Another good tip is those Clever Clasp thingies -- the magnetic things that let you easily hook your necklaces and bracelets. I've never bought anything that was once in an informercial but I saw these at Discount Drug Mart and on a whim grabbed a pack. These things have changed my life. What used to take 5 minutes of crashing, muttering and groaning is now .2 seconds...done. LOOOVE them.

Frantic Home Cook