Friday, June 20, 2008

A trip to Lifeway

I am usually not one to voluntarily go into Lifeway Christian Book Stores. I believe that some of the books and resources they sell are downright unbiblical.

Anyway...

The kids like going in, and very rarely do I ever buy anything...but I did today.

First off, if anyone is interested in what hymnbook we use for our family devotions, you can find it there. They have it on sale for a couple dollars off. It's the update Baptist Hymnal. I'm thinking that we might pick up a few more to have more of a collection...especially since the kids like to each have their own to look at.


While we were there, I thought to look at the music section and see what kind of selection I could find when it comes to hymns. It's kinda hard to find, especially since they are all mixed in.

I'm usually not one to condone the WOW music series either...but I guess today is a day for exceptions. I bought the double WOW hymns cd. It has a lot of the kids favorites!

If you are interested in checking it out click here WOW Hymns. The kids were so excited to hear Holy Holy Holy and were singing along. Nolan was pretty happy to hear Trust and Obey...and that's all we were able to get to in the car on the way home. He asked me if I could bring the music into the house, so that he could listen to it in the cd player.

I have a feeling he's going to be sitting on the kitchen floor, hymnbook in hand, singing along....

No comments: