Thursday, August 23, 2007

Changing diapers to the Glory of GOD!

As a mom of young children, it is so easy to get caught up in a rut of selfishness. I see it in my own life on a daily basis...some days are better than others. The moment I catch myself thinking that my household chores and the requests and needs of my children are just too overwhelming, I have to ask for God's forgiveness.

I am blessed that I am able to stay home with my little ones. I am blessed that I am able to be the keeper of this house...and all the chores that go with it!

Have you ever had a day when the moment you sit down, you realize that one of your children needs their diaper changed? You sit there, thinking....how long can he go before I really have to change him? How self-centered to even think about such a thing!

The little things I do may not get noticed by many. I may not get the thanks and recognition that I think I deserve.

I know that He sees.

He sees me wiping noses. He sees me putting away the dishes. He sees me doing the piles of laundry. He sees me hugging and caring for His children. He sees me changing diapers.

My prayer is that I be less concerned with myself, taking comfort that He knows me inside and out. When I have to change what seems like the 100th dirty diaper of the day...I pray that my heart is rejoicing that I have been given the duty of caring for my young. It is such a small way to show Christ's love...and what better place to start than right here at home.

No comments: