Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Lost in the Land of Repetition

Anyone who has children knows they have been here a time or two. I am not just a visitor in this place. I'm pretty sure I am stuck here for awhile.

It doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others. It has become second nature to respond to these repetitions. I don't even notice I do it anymore.

Last night, I went to Walmart and bought the kids new toothpaste. It was like Christmas morning when the kids woke up! As they walked by the bathroom door, out of the corner of their eyes, they saw it!

Oh joy of joys! Could it be??? Cars toothpaste?? Spiderman toothpaste?? Long forgotten is poor Dr Seuss and Curious George.

I was told about the new toothpaste over and over again.

I was ushered into the bathroom several times to actually see and hold the new toothpaste.

Yes, it's been an exciting morning in the Jordan house and this is only one example.

It would be easy for me to get frustrated with my little boys as they repeat every question and observation. I can't say that I haven't been annoyed here and there. I have a feeling, though, that my time in the Land of Repetition is fleeting.

No comments: