Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Chipmunk's Christmas

My boys received gift cards to Walmart from their great-aunt in Illinois for Christmas. I was going to hold onto them and then after Christmas, let them pick out a few things. But I decided that since we are taking a long road trip to Maine, I would let them pick out some new books and a couple of movies.

Now let me preface this by saying that my boys LOVE the Chipmunks. Remember Alvin, Simon and Theodore? It started when they saw a preview for the new movie that was released last week in the theater. Nolan counted down the days, and I was able to go on a date with my two oldest boys...and we went to the movies. They were so excited they couldn't contain themselves!

Ever since last week, it has been Chipmunks 24/7. Which I don't mind, since they were my favorite cartoon to watch Saturday mornings when I was a kid!

Yesterday, when I let them pick out a couple new movies for our trip....Gideon found The Chipmunk's Christmas. You wanna see excited? You should have seen my little Giddy, lol. It has been less than 24 hours and they are watching it for the 4th time. It's all they want to watch at rest time.

There is a line in the movie that cracks me up. It really shouldn't, since it is not a funny line. It just seems funny for it to be in a children's movie.

"Mommy, Tommy will just die if he doesn't get a new harmonica!"

"Don't say things like that, you know how very sick he has been. We
just hope he lasts through Christmas."


I feel bad for Tommy...I do. This line just makes me laugh. Poor Bobby.

There is one other line that also seems funny to me.

Alvin is bringing Tommy a gift and when Tommy finds out he has a delivery, his response is:
"Is it more medicine?"

Alright already...we get it. The boy is sick, lol.

Here is my post about nothing really. I hope you enjoyed!

No comments: