If you're like me, you want to have a foolproof sugar cookie dough recipe. Well, here it is! It is the original Cookie Monster recipe, taken from an old book from when I was a child.
I will write it step by step the way Cookie Monster does in my directions :)
Here is what you will need:
*a medium sized mixing bowl
*Measuring cups and spoons
*butter or margarine (soft, not melted)
What to do to make the dough:
1. Put 3/4 cup of butter or margarine (that's a stick and a half) into your mixing bowl.
2. Measure 1 cup of sugar.
3. Pour sugar over butter.
4. With a fork, squash butter and sugar together until blended.
5. Crack shells of 2 eggs and pour eggs over the mixture in the bowl.
6. Measure 1 tsp vanilla and pour over mixture.
7. With fork, blend everything in bowl together.
8. Measure 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour and pour over mixture in bowl.
9. Measure 1 tsp baking powder and sprinkle over flour.
10. Measure 1 tsp salt and sprinkle over flour and baking powder.
11. Nux everything together either with a fork or with your hands.
12. Put dough in the icebox to chill (at least one hour).
You can make lots of dough at once and keep it in your icebox in a plastic bag (it will last a long time). Then whenever you make cookies, just take out as much as you need.
First, take some cookie dough out of the icebox. If you all out of cookie dough (oh dear) just make some more!
Sprinkle counter with flour and put dough on it. Roll out dough flat, about 1/4 inch thick. Now come the tricky part-need to find things to make SHAPES with. Let me see...Ah! Can use GLASS to make round cookies....and those box lids make good rectangles and squares.
Me just push them down on dough and peel away dough on outside. Then me make squares and rectangles. (or whatever shape cutter you have)
Now me heat oven to 400 degrees, put cookies on ungreased cookie sheet, and put cookie sheet in oven. O.K. now come the hard part again. Me have to wait 6-8 minutes while cookies cook. What me going to eat?
Gillette Disposable Razors: Free at Publix!
1 hour ago