Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy 7th, my dear

When I think about the last 7 years, I think about all that has happened and thank God for His wonderful grace. We definitely wouldn't be where we are without it.

I think about each and every time we have moved since we've been married. Have we really lived in six different homes?

I look at our children and remember how Nolan accompanied us to our first anniversary dinner. I see our four boys, feel the baby moving inside me, and remember the three babies that I've yet to meet.

I am thankful that it was agreed upon early on that I stay at home. Which sometimes meant working two jobs or cleaning the occasional floor, but there has never been a day of regret.

I remember when money was tight, and we weren't sure how we would possibly get by. We did, even if that meant spending twenty dollars a week on groceries and eating a lot of pasta and soup.

Things haven't always been easy, and we haven't always known why things have happened the way they do. I thank God for His hand on our marriage, and how He works all things for the good of those who love Him. He is the focus of our marriage, and I appreciate the leader He has provided for our family. I strive to have a marriage that is completely Christ-Exalting...and I know that you feel the same way.

Thank you for the past seven years, and I'm looking ahead at the next seven and beyond.

I love you!

Shannon

PS: Thanks for the flowers!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Shannon & John!
Love You,
RoseAnn :)