Sunday, March 9, 2008

Just call him the Godfather

The day was like any other. I was mothering in my usual fashion...when I saw something I had never seen before.

You see, I recently changed the batteries in the kid's sit n spin. This created much havoc. Gideon likes a specific tune, and doesn't like Haddon and Nolan's favorite one. Nolan likes a specific tune, not the ones that Gideon and Haddon like. See where I'm going with this? Haddon likes a specific tune, not the ones that Nolan and Gideon like.

You can guess what happens when it's Nolan's turn on the sit n spin. Haddon and Gideon get upset, due to the tune that is being played. On this particular afternoon, it was Gideon who was spinning round and round.

Nolan tried to talk to Gideon about the music. Gideon wouldn't listen. As a matter of fact, he was downright ignoring him!

Enter the calls to mom.

"Mommy! Gideon's 'noring me!"

"Nolan, just leave him alone and play with something else."

"But I can't!"

"Um, yeah you can. Leave him alone and let him play."

It wasn't over yet.

Enter Haddon.

"Haddon!! Go get Gideon!! He's over there!!!" (says Nolan)

Without a word, Haddon picks up the closest toy. It happened to be a Spiderman toy...made out of a plastic meant to feel like pure steel. He promptly threw it squarely at Gideon's head. He was spot on.

Gideon began screaming. So I could properly tend to the head wound, I told Haddon and Nolan to go to the corner.

To which Nolan replied, "I didn't do anything!"

My 6 year old Nolan, who is like a mini-Godfather, thought he would get off scott-free since he wasn't the one who took force against his brother.

I'm not sure what worries me more...Nolan would knew what he was doing...or Haddon who did what he did without asking the question 'why?'

Fat chance of that happening.

No comments: