Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The finished product

After yesterday's post about buying blank canvas' and paints...I couldn't help myself. Last night, I made a few quick sketches of what I wanted them to look like.

Today, I painted four 16x20 pictures of, what I like to call, 'whimsical flowers'. The only thing left for me to do is buy some sort of sealer to spray on them.




When you add it up...cost for 4 blank canvas 5.99x2=11.98, cost of paintbrushes 4.99, cost of paint maybe 5.00 (with lots of leftover for your next project!)...Total=$22.00 (rounding up!). That's not bad considering just one 15x15 canvas artwork from Pottery Barn Kids is $69.00 a piece!

Because my boys wanted in on the painting action, they each painted one butterfly for Payson's room. The butterflies were also from Michael's for .99 cents a piece.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

wow...you're talented, shannon. i could never do that! you should make more and sell them.

Melanie said...

Very cool! You did a great job with those!

Mommyto3K's said...

Nice work!! They turned out really cute!!