Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Inexpensive ways to decorate your child's room...

I've been trying to figure out inexpensive ways to decorate Payson's room. We already have a dresser for her, so the most expensive thing is going to be the crib...since we need to get a new one.

Aside from that, we have everything we need, but I wanted to hang some stuff up on the walls, etc. I was able to find some Pottery Barn Kids curtains for about 2/3 off! I also got a Pottery Barn crib bumper and crib skirt from ebay for about $20.

This morning, I went to Michaels in search of ideas. I ended up buying 2 packs of 2 blank 16x20 canvas' for only $5.99 a piece! I then went to Walmart and got some paint and brushes (since they are much cheaper than Michaels for this!). At Walmart, they also had some cute little flower hooks that are made of wood, that just need to be painted.

I'm excited to get started and paint! I'll be sure to show you, when her room is finished.

There are definitely ways to decorate a room by doing it yourself. What mom doesn't enjoy a few art projects?

1 comment:

Twisted Cinderella said...

Sounds like so much fun!