Friday, April 11, 2008

To my Birthday Boy



You woke up this morning proclaiming "I a big boy now!"

Yes, you are Haddon-boy...you are my big three year old boy!

We began the day with our traditional breakfast outing to Cracker Barrel. You ate your pancakes while wearing your new sunglasses from Gramma and Grampa. Yes, they got sticky, but you were pretty cute sitting there.

Since we all know that money of any kind (including gift cards) burn holes in pockets, we headed out to Walmart. It didn't take you long to figure out what you wanted to spend your birthday money on. Now I truly believe we have every Alvin and the Chipmunk movie known to man!

The next stop was Baskins Robbins. You chose Jamocha ice cream and ate your cone all by yourself. Again, wearing your sunglasses. I don't think they ever left your face!

We ate lunch at the park and ate our Happy Meals. Daddy was even able to come by and join in!

It was a fun day, although we didn't like having to say goodbye to Gramma and Grampa as they left to go back to Maine today.

Your words are beginning to come out clearer, and you often want to be called Theodore! My little chipmunk!

It seems like only yesterday that I was laying in that hospital bed groaning the words "Get him out now!"

What a blessing you are to your mommy. There is never a dull moment in our house...thanks to my new little (or rather big!) three year old boy!




1 comment:

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday, Haddon!!! It sounds like you had a lot of fun for your birthday! You truly are a big birthday boy! :-)