Thursday, August 14, 2008

There is an end in sight

I had my last Dr's appointment today. He is recommending induction, and I am more than ready to have this baby. If I don't go into labor on my own by Sunday, we are showing up at Labor and Delivery, bag in hand, at 10pm. Induction will start at midnight.

I have never had to be induced and the thought of it is a little scary for me because I really really really want to go into labor on my own. My Dr eased my fears a bit, making sure I knew that since my body has done this four times already, and since I am already dilated, it shouldn't take much to kick labor into gear. The unknown is still the unknown though.

So, I am asking for prayers. Prayers that I rely on God in this matter. I seem to want to be able to control so much...and it has never really been in my hands. He knows what will happen, and I am taking comfort in that.

It is nice to know that my little girl will be born within the next FOUR days! I can so deal with that.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I agree with the doctor (not for any substantial reason, other than the little reading I have done). I don't think it will take much "inducing" to get her out!

megan said...

oh shannon...
I haven't been able to check blogs all week so today I was sure I would see her little face and read ALL about the birth...
ai ai ai.
We will keep you in our prayers!!! I'm so excited that this weekend is it!! woo hoo!!

Thia said...

Just wanted to stop by with my well wishes and prayers for you.

Michelle said...

I don't know you, but I saw that you were delivering tonight and came to check your blog. I am pregnant with my 4th, and wanted you to know that with my 3rd I was sooooo nervous about induction. My water had been broken for 12 hours and I was still fighting it. I finally caved, and I must say that the contractions, although they came on hard faster, were no stronger than with my other labors. I used no meds any of the times. I just wanted to share that with you, and hopefully it will ease your mind. You can handle them, and with me my 3rd took 3.5 hours from start of pit to delivery. I hope this is the case for you. (I was 4 cm at the beginning and I went from 7 to complete within less than an hour) I hope your labor is quick and that you are able to be strong and bear up under it. :) God will be there for you and your little girl. I can't wait to read how things go.

Michelle (due in February)zachsarahjohn&#four