Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The First Day of School



My Nolan is 5 now. I waited as long as I could....but it was inevitable, school had to start.


Yesterday was the first day of Kindergarten. He loved it. I have to say that I was a little nervous. I didn't want this to be a battle to get him to do his school work. There was no need for me to worry....he loved it. He reveled in it. And when he discovered that he gets to do school work 5 days a week....you'd of thought I told him we were going to Disney world!


He was very quick to tell his younger brothers that he is 5 and gets to do school work, and since they are younger, they have to wait to start Kindergarten. He felt very important sitting there, pencil in hand, doing his work. Then we played ABC Bingo and did watercolors (Gideon and Haddon joined in).


It was a great morning, and I am so happy that I have been blessed to be able to stay home and teach my children.


1 comment:

bluemountainmama said...

oh boy! big day! i admire homeschooling moms....my sis does it and chronicles their journey: www.motherskylark.blogspot.com . although she doesn't post very regularly. :)

my son just started kindergarten, too, but he attends the little country school up the road. i had actually decided to homeschool until we recently moved to the community we are in. i fell in love with the little school here....only 14 kids in his whole kindergarten..... and a lot of parental/community involvement. it's like a big family.

good luck in your educational endeavors! :)