Thursday, September 13, 2007

Works-For-Me-Wednesdays....a day late!



With 4 boys, I feel like my days are filled with cleaning up after them. To put it mildly, they are not delicate and dainty in their playing (friends can attest to this, lol). The same is true when it comes to art. I found myself shying away from art projects with them, because I was tired of the crayons being everywhere, the markers missing covers, scissors being unaccounted for, etc.



Then I got this idea. How about I use my old Pampered Chef tool turnabout as an art caddy. I can't tell you how great this has turned out. Now, I have all the crayons and markers color coded in their own spot! No more impatience as I try to fit the kids crayons into those flimsy cardboard boxes that fit into the crayon box....no more markers without covers! You can find the discontinued tool turnabouts on ebay.



Here is a picture...it is sooo convenient!


2 comments:

Melanie said...

Delicate, Dainty, 4 boys, playing with toys...words/phrases that shouldn't be in the same sentence.

:-)

Your boys just KNOW how to play with toys.

I noticed that caddy on your counter when I was at your house one time. I have one that is now in its box in my basement. I will DEFINITELY save it until it's time for Mallory to start her own art projects. Thanks for the idea :-)

Shannon said...

I saw the irony of that sentence too, lol.