Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Update to the handbag

Last night, I made another bag similar to the one I made a couple of days ago. I made a few changes to the original pattern. I added an inside pocket, and I also added lining to the handles, to make them a little more sturdy. The outside feature has changed too...instead of velvet ribbon, there is just a simple stripe, adding more color. It also has a little more stability, since the materials used are corduroy and drapery fabric.

I used this bag (the other one I had made) the other day, when I went out with the kids. I really liked the way the handles cinch on the sides with the weight of the bag.

In the future, I may add magnetic snaps to enclose the bag.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I think YOU'VE turned into a sewing machine! :-)