Sunday, February 3, 2008

Oh, how the mighty have fallen

The Superbowl is over and my Patriots lost. I believe the game was fairly boring, until that fourth quarter...but I think it comes down to two key plays.

The first play was when the Pats went for it on 4th and 13. They should have at least tried to kick the field goal. That definitely would have changed the momentum a little and would have left the game tied at the end.

The second play was late in the fourth quarter when the Pats had Manning down...and he twirled like a ballerina and was able to get away from the sack and throw a game ending pass.

It is a disappointing game to a great season.

I am happy that football season is OVER! You wouldn't believe the stress that it causes within my household. It would be so much easier if John were a Pats fan!!

I am also happy that I wasn't present at my Aunt Mary's house up in Maine. I don't think I could handle the ups and downs of the emotions of my dad. It's probably best for his heart that football season won't start again for several months.

But I do have a praise. You see, I purchased a giant Patriots cookie from Sam's club. In order to get a slice, you had to say that you love the Patriots. I am happy to say that my Nolan is a Patriots fan....at least until the cookie is eaten and gone. He did go to sleep wearing his Pats shirt....and that just warms a mommy's heart.

Better luck next year guys!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel any better, you have won my Super Bowl contest!! Email me with your address, and on the way to your house and your van will be: a Patriots license plate frame, a Patriots auto emblem, and a Patriots sheet of decals. There you go!! Congratulations!! I'll have my post up shortly!
www.diaryof1.com