Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Women's roles in the PCA

Last night, John was reading to me that the PCA is thinking of allowing women to be deacons. Since I don't really know the history of deacons and deaconesses, I decided to search it and see what I could find out about it.

I came across a very interesting article about the difference of having women deacons (meaning they are in authority over men of the church) or having women as deaconesses (meaning they are not in authority over men).

Unfortunately, the latter is not what is being proposed within the PCA. I truly hope that this proposal does not get passed.

Read the whole article here.

1 comment:

Mrs. Cowan said...

It's a slippery slope! As soon as you begin asking the question "did God really say. . .?" you start sliding toward apostasy. The PCUSA was there only a generation ago. It doesn't take long once the slope is begun.