Sunday, February 10, 2008

A pregnant woman's trip to Sam's Club

Over dinner, the kids were telling John about their day. Like most Fridays, we had gone to Sam's Club to stock up on milk. (FYI they have the cheapest milk than ANYWHERE else...over a dollar less than at Walmart!)

The kids love love love getting free samples of food. We weave our way around the store, looking for the nearest worker who is wearing a hair net, and know that soon we will be able to taste the next goodie.

It's amazing the foods that the kids will eat. Foods that they would NEVER eat at home, if I were to buy it and prepare it for them. They eat things like steak, pork loin, ribs, seafood salad, roast lamb, gouda, sausage, chicken cordon bleu, etc, etc, etc.

As the kids were going through the list of things they were able to eat...John asked me if those samples ever work.

Do I ever buy a product because I tasted a sample?

The answer is yes. It has only happened once. Usually, I am focused and on track, but I bought something that I had tasted the week before.

You see, a few weeks ago, I saw a commercial for cheesecake. I wanted cheesecake so badly that I went to the store for the sole reason of buying cheesecake. Once I arrived at Walmart, I was disappointed with my selection and decided on some inexpensive frozen cheesecake. When I got home, I couldn't even stomach the graham cracker crust. Most of this cheesecake still remains in the freezer. (John, if you want it, have at it!)

The following week, we were at Sams. One of the samples were cheesecake bites. I was sold...but I didn't buy them.

For the next week, I dreampt of these little bites.

When this past Friday arrived, you better believe that along with 4 gallons of milk and diapers, there was a box of mini-cheesecake bites in that cart.

The reason why this is so great to have on hand is this: I don't want to eat a lot of cheesecake. I don't want to get sick with it...instead, I want to savor it. I can take out one or two of these little cheesecakes a day and just nibble it to get my fill until tomorrow's craving.

For all my pregnant friends who want cheesecake...there was never a better idea than these:

4 comments:

Laurel said...

oh now you have me totally drooling for cheesecake!!

i tagged you in the "seven things" meme that has been floating around for a while... don't know if you've done it yet or not, but i thought i'd tag you anyway!

Teana said...

I'm not a pregnant woman, but "YUMMY". And I'm with the boys...that stuff always tastes better from the little women with hairnets!

Mrs. Cowan said...

We had 40 folks from church at our house this weekend and this was dessert. It was a huge hit!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Oh they look wonderful! I will have to look and see if they carry those here next time I am out.

http://everaftermyway.wordpress.com/