Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fighting the battle of unmotivation

I woke up this morning in a very blah mood. It seems to be a very common occurrence around here. If I were single and childless, I'm sure that my day would be much less productive. It's always much easier to roll over in bed when you don't hear your children playing/fighting/crying in the room across the hall. It's one of those things you just don't have a choice about. You have to get up!

I realized after everyone was up, dressed and fed, that I still had no motivation to do the things that needed to be done...things like laundry, cleaning, shopping, even showering. I still wanted to just lay around and do nothing. I had to stop myself from being me-centered and focus on the job that God has given me to do.

Instead of looking at my daily tasks as chores, I need to think of them as blessings. It is a blessing that I have four little boys, dependent on me for almost everything. It is a joy that I am able to serve my husband by keeping a clean house (including clean clothes!). I need to live my day with a heart that glorifies God in everything!

What a daunting task!

My heart is so full of selfishness that I only want to think of me all the time....even while doing things for my boys! My eyes are always focused on the end result....not in the act of service.

My daily prayer is that I live a life of JOY that truly glorifies the Lord in ALL I do...not just the things that I enjoy doing!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You're not alone, sister!