Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Works for me Wednesday....cleaning up the toys!



I don't know about you, but I feel like there is a never ending battle between my house and the kid's toys. On any given afternoon, if you were to stop by, you would find the living room and hallway littered with race cars, play food, abc buses, etc...the list goes on and on.

A couple of weeks ago, I had an epiphany! I started at one end of the house...the dining room. If there were toys on the floor, I took the broom and swept them into the kitchen. Then I swept all of those toys into the hallway. I started again in the living room and swept all of those toys into the hall. As they accumulated, they were all swept into the kid's rooms.

I know what you're thinking....that I'm a genius. I know, I've often thought the same thing! Within a matter of two minutes, your entire house can be free of toys!

Of course, the bedrooms leave much to be desired, but that is what the kids are for! What works best here is telling the kids to clean up their rooms to surprise daddy who is almost home from work. My boys are 5-1/2, 4, 2-1/2 and almost 1....so that works. I'm thinking that when they are teenagers, they won't really care if they surprise daddy with a clean room anymore, lol.

Try this and tell me how it goes! Head on over to Rocks in My Dryer for more helpful hints!



Next week, I will share a way to save some money on gift wrapping!

3 comments:

M said...

LOL- great trick...your house must be cleaner than mine though because bits of food, dust and miscellaneous things would end up in their rooms too!

Shannon said...

I should put a disclaimer that you do have to keep your floors semi-sweeped so that doesn't happen!

SAHMmy Says said...

Great trick! I also love the positive "Daddy's coming!" spin!