Sunday, November 18, 2007

Savior: Celebrating the Mystery of God Become Man


Last year, John and I were very excited to discover that Sovereign Grace Music released a Christmas cd titled Savior. It was placed into our cd player and remained there for weeks. I even found myself listening to it over the past year. This is definitely not your generic Christmas albun. It's more about our sinfulness and our need for a Savior.

My youngest son, Jamison, will be a year old on December 9th. The two weeks before he was born were filled with nights of useless contractions. I remember spending the wee hours of the morning listening to this cd as I folded laundry, timed contractions and prayed for my little one to arrive. I thought of Mary and her anticipation as she neared Christ's birth. I would sing Sleep Jesus Sleep, thinking about her and how she knew who her little baby was. He was the Savior...yet so very small and frail.

My favorite song is Rejoice. There is such an incorporation of who God is...How God came to the Earth in the form of Jesus...and what it will be like when God returns!

It is so refreshing to hear Christmas music that points right to Christ and the cross. In How Sweet the Day, you are reminded of why and how we have been redeemed. We are 'freed from our fears', the 'power of sin is broken' and we are 'given the power to follow Him'. The day Christ appeared was a sweet day....as will be the day that Christ returns!

You can hear clips of all of the songs here.

I highly recommend you purchase this! Make sure you buy it for gifts too...it will definitely be a blessing to your family and friends!

No comments: