Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Golden Potato Soup

I've been getting lots of requests...so here it is!(this is copied from an email I sent yesterday from someone who requested the recipe!)

Golden Potato Soup

3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cube chicken bouillon
2 cups water
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups half and half
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 pound bacon (cooked and roughly chopped)
2-3 Tablespoons worc. Sauce
1-2 tsp dry mustard

I added all the ingredients into the crock pot except the cheese and put it on low for several hours. After a few hours, start adding the cheese and mix it in. Cook until the potatoes are tender.

You can also add the worc. sauce to your liking...more or less. I had a basic recipe for potato soup that I added things to and changed things around. It's really hard to go wrong when you make it...so some of the amounts are estimated :)


I also made this on the stove. A friend just had a baby, so I wanted to make a giant batch for my family, and I brought it over to their house to help them out. As long as you keep it covered and on low, it works well on the stove top too. You just need to watch out for the cheese sticking to the bottom on the pot and wanting to brown.

No comments: