Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Works for me Wednesday....Christmas tag idea



I don't know about you, but I never know what to do with all the Christmas cards I get every year. I hate to throw them out because they are so pretty, but don't really have a use for them. So I started doing what my mom does. She saves all her Christmas cards and when the season comes around again and it's time to wrap gifts, she pulls out last years Christmas cards. She cuts them into strips and uses them as tags on all the gifts!

You end up saving money and making neat little one-of-a-kind gift tags!

For more helpful hints visit WFMW at Rocks in My Dryer!

6 comments:

Oonie said...

I just read another great idea for them too--glue them to otherwise "blank" gift bags.
Thanks for this--I prefer wrapping to bags when I can and I love this idea for the gorgeous cards I can't bear to throw away either!

tickledpink.nicole said...

Great idea! You just reminded me that my mom turned hers into post cards one year.

Merry Christmas!

angela said...

good idea. i like the post card idea too.

Qtpies7 said...

I do that too! I'm too cheap to buy tags, lol. It isn't because I am creative or trying to recycle.

Amico Dio said...

Now this is a great idea!!!

I love it!

Shawna said...

I LOVE these ideas! Thanks!