Monday, November 12, 2007

It's the Holiday Shopping Carnival!!

Chilihead at Don't try this at home is hosting a Holiday Shopping Carnival!!!!!


I don't know about you, but I always need help figuring out what to get everyone on my Christmas list!

(Oh, and John dear, it's okay for you to read this...it would be silly of me to even think of blogging anything that I am even thinking of getting you for Christmas!)

There are a lot of bloggers sharing at least 5 gifts that they recommend....complete with links to their ideas!

So check it out! I am :)

I'm really racking my brain on what some good gifts would be. Here are some that I came up with:

**Last year for gifts, we gave the first three DVD's in the Torchlighters series. It includes The Jim Eliot Story, The William Tyndale Story and The John Bunyan Story. It has a parent guide that goes along with it so you can discuss it with your children after you've watched them. My sister and brother-in-law said that their families really enjoyed them! This year, they have released The Eric Liddell Story that might become some more gifts!

**For the young child on your list, I recommend Andrew Peterson's The Ballad of Matthew's Begats An Unlikely Royal Family Tree. "This special book bridges the Old Testament and New Testament, showing Jesus' birth as part of God's plan from the very beginning. -AP" It comes with a cd of the song as well! The artwork in it is excellent!

**We just received this cd set last week. It is now definitely one of my favorites! It is Stuart Townend. It is a live 2 cd set that includes great, theologically sound music. It has just now become available to the US, and I highly recommend getting this! This is what they say on their site: "The writer who has penned such songs as; In Christ Alone, How Deep The Fathers Love and The Power of The Cross. Stuart has the ability and annointing to write songs that are full of sound theology and dynamic challenges. This album takes us on his journey as a writer from the early songs to the new. Be inspired by the very best of Stuart Townend Live."

**Last year for Christmas, my sister got my dad Play Nine. It's a great card game that can be played by young kids all the way to adults. You don't even have to like golf! I highly recommend this

**Here is something else that will interest young minds! I recently purchased these two books for my stepsons for Christmas. Ripley's Believe It or Not: The Remarkable...revealed and Guinness World Records 2008 . I was enjoying going through it! (I would recommend going through it beforehand to make sure there is nothing objectional in it...I found a couple things that I had to remove.)

**Here is something else my boys really enjoy playing with. It's from Target and it's very durable. My boys have had it for a couple of years now and it isn't broken!!! It's a Parents Classic Cash Register. It works like a calculator and comes with play money!

Feel free to add on if you'd like...make sure you check out the carnival!!! Also check out Sew Mama Sew...she is having tutorials for each day of November, showing different crafts you can make for gifts!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Ripley's and Guiness books are big time favorites of my boys. Thanks for sharing your list.

PT-LawMom said...

Love the cash register idea. Thanks!