Friday, November 9, 2007

Moms for Modesty

This is from Moms for Modesty blog.

Many of you shared your concerns about the current retail clothing trends for little girls and teen girls. The revealing nature of the styles and the slogans which convey attitude or sexual double entendre were of particular concern to you. You also shared your struggle with finding clothing that was stylish and fun, yet modest. Some of you even addressed this issue on your own blogs.

I've created the Moms for Modesty Mission Statement. If you agree with the Statement, please sign it by leaving your affirmation in the comments of this post. This is not an issue that is exclusively Christian in nature, though I am a Christian mom.

It is a parenting issue, a mom issue.

Many retailers, marketing and PR firms review mommy blogs for trends and opinions. If we speak as one we may be able to effect change. Please let your blogging friends know and if you normally don't leave a comment, please leave one now.

Moms for Modesty Mission Statement

*As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common sense modesty for girls and young women.

*I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.

*I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.

*I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.

*I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.

1 comment:

angela said...

I'm not a mom but I agree with you.